The Operational Driver Manager also known as a fleet manager, monitors the tracking, scheduling, and maintenance of a fleet of company trucks or cars. As an Operational Driver Manager job duties include overseeing the vehicles to confirm they’re in safe and working order. The Operational Driver Manager also should do recruiting, mentoring, and training drivers, and monitoring the fleet to ensure deliveries are on time. The Operational Driver Manager also keep track of the wear and tear on the vehicles, such as the number of miles since the last servicing. The Operational Driver Manager will provide a high quality of customer service through ensuring full equipment utilization and driver productivity.
Operational Driver Manager Responsibilities:
- Carry a company cell phone and laptop to use for after hour work.
- Assign drivers that are allocated to their division of Dedicated Trucking, becoming familiar with driver’s preferences regarding areas of delivery, home time needs, family situation, etc.
- Understand and comply with all regulations-federal, state, local and those imposed by the Company in assignment of a driver on a load.
- Monitor hours of service for each driver confirming driver has hours available to complete assignment.
- Monitor mileage for each driver using best efforts to get expected utilization, either based on dedicated main customer or based on weekly mileage objectives.
- Track each driver on a “HIGH” security load to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Respond to phone inquiries from drivers, customers and/or suppliers.
- Provide to driver’s necessary customer phone numbers or directions.
- Schedule and ensure equipment is available for required maintenance when notified by the Maintenance Department.
Operational Driver Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or related.
- Solid dispatch experience.
- Problem solving skills.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Operational Driver Manager – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Operational Driver Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.