The Information Systems Manager knows everything about hardware and software. The Information Systems Manager oversee the use of technology in a business or organization and their primary role is to design, manage, and monitor information systems by overseeing a team of specialists who install and maintain hardware and software upgrades. The Information Systems Manager also manages hardware and software installations and develops private intranet and public internet sites. The Information Systems Manager maintains information systems by planning, monitoring, and coordinating employees.
Information Systems Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify and analyses emerging information technologies and solutions that can significantly contribute to the organizational mission.
- Manages the help desk staff and activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems.
- Creates, documents, and updates processes to ensure hardware, software, and all assets are managed properly.
- Responsible for the installation, and configuration of software products across installed hardware platforms.
- Manages communication with department directors and IT management regarding service provision and outages.
- Maintains help desk staff proficiency and knowledge training.
Information Systems Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Information Technology or related field.
- Strong organizational and office technology skills.
- Proficient in Windows OS, Mac OS, smartphone, tablets, and IT systems terminology.
- Comfortable leading and managing a team.
- Self-motivated, and has attention to detail.
Information Systems Manager – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Information Systems Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.