The Product Designer Senior leads a team of product designers in the design strategy and creation of new products. The Product Designer Senior works in several industries, including manufacturing, software design, and government. As The Product Designer Senior, your responsibilities involve significant outreach to stakeholders and customers to determine how best to serve their needs. The Product Designer Senior works with other product designers and user experience professionals to design prototypes of the product for testing before presenting the completed work. As The Product Designer Senior, your duties may also include training new employees and maintaining open communication with other departments during the design process.
The Product Designer Senior Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and build concise user-centric visions and journeys
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing low and high fidelity prototypes, motion, and 3D mocks
- Oversee & iterate with the engineering team to polish the quality of the user experience
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, build strong relationships generating buy-in, and operationalize strategy across larger teams and timelines
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes driven by user research, conduct refinements and improvements, and present concepts, proposals, and updates to executive stakeholders
- Apply a data-driven approach to define a system and integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines.
The Product Designer Senior Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Solid experience of designing apps or other software products.
- Experience collaborating with engineering and product management team
- Strong sense of aesthetics and understanding of visual design
- Expert level proficiency in design tools (Figma, Adobe Suites)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Experience in leadership, collaboration communicating and influencing product design strategy while partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling (Cinema 4D, Maya)
- Experience in Motion Design
- Ability to lead user-centered design teams while maintaining responsibilities as an individual contributor, ideating products from scratch, and improving features
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints/limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS)
Product Designer Senior – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Product Designer Senior ? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?