The Product Designer (UI/UX) is responsible for the design and implementation of all the experiences a user has when interacting with a digital tool, such as a website. The Product Designer (UI/UX) will work closely with our marketing team and designers to ensure seamless web/mobile design and the successful implementation of UI/UX best practices and principles across all our digital platforms.
The Product Designer (UI/UX) are also responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets. The Product Designer (UI/UX) will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
The Product Designer (UI/UX) Responsibilities:
- Translate mocks, sketches, or general design direction into fully-realized screens across mobile and desktop, relying heavily on an existent style guide and component library.
- In collaboration with Product Management, produce development-ready output that can be handed off to the Dev Team with appropriate specifications (e.g. interaction notes, thorough documentation of edge-case states, error messages, instruction copy, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of a consistent, flexible, and extensible design system and reusable components
- Design with technical lift and reusability in mind, maximizing value for our customers while minimizing developer effort/time to build.
- You should QA the dev-team output to assess aesthetics, copy, and UX of your designs during implementation
- The ideal candidate will also, on occasion and where appropriate, support product marketing functions with visual production (one pagers, infographics, etc.). This is a great opportunity to flex graphic-design muscles as well.
The Product Designer (UI/UX) Requirements:
- Experience designing complex workflows, ideally in a B2B context (i.e. tools for people who need to get complex work done).
- Experience designing for both mobile web and desktop
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills. Ability to write clear instructional copy, whether for internal or external stakeholders.
- Experience using reusable and extensible design components
- Knowledge of how your designs turn into code (i.e. dev-friendly)
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and solve complex design problems on your own, iteratively and quickly
- The passion and energy to shape the future of a young company that’s poised to fundamentally change a major industry
- Some experience with CSS/HTML required; JS is a plus
- Knowledgeable about accessibility standards for design (i.e. WCAG/WAI-ARIA)
- Experience with UI design software such as Figma, Adobe XD, CC, Sketch, Zeplin, Webflow, Framer etc.
Product Designer (UI/UX) – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Product Designer (UI/UX)? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?