The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring a company's policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards. Also referred to as compliance specialists, The Compliance Manager is a highly analytical professionals, performs regular audits, implement company policies, and designs control systems. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring our business operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies. The Compliance Manager will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes, and leading training sessions. The Compliance Manager will be an excellent communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures and regulations.
The Compliance Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead and grow the compliance team;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; Develop corrective action plans for resolution of any identified issues, and provide general guidance avoidance of similar situations in the future.
- Identify fraudulent and abusive spend and customers, and create the policies and procedures to address it;
- Develop and provide reports based on both quantitative and qualitative data to the C-levels, executives
- Responsible for interpreting current and evolving state and federal banking and credit laws, implementing compliant policies and procedures, and determining regulatory requirements of new financial offerings by the company
- Perform in-depth investigative research on users (retail and corporate) by utilizing a range of internal data (e.g. transaction activity, KYC etc.) and external data (e.g. blockchains, internet, media, legal, corporate and other publicly available records and databases).
- Stay current with industry best practices and guidance related to regulatory compliance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory examinations and inquiries, external audits, and third party diligence requests
The Compliance Manager Requirements:
- You have a demonstrated passion for collaborating with other departments to ensure compliance issues are addressed, investigated, resolved and once resolved, continually adhered to in practice;
- Solid experience at a bank, credit union, nonbank lender, fintech and/or regulatory agency
- Solid experience leading and building teams
- Strong knowledge of prepaid, credit card, BSA/AML, privacy and payment laws
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Excellent understanding of operations related to AML, fraud, sanctions, etc.
- Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment
- Rudimentary understanding of bitcoin, with a demonstrated passion and commitment to learning more
Compliance Manager – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Compliance Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?