The Engineering Manager plan and coordinate engineering projects and supervise multiple teams in the research and development of new products. The Engineering Manager areas of expertise include engineering economics, and industrial, human resources, and financial management.
The Engineering Manager will manage a team of backend and UI engineers and partner with the head of engineering to deliver high impact features for users. The Engineering Manager will also be responsible for hiring and retaining great folks while facilitating the team’s direct impact on your product pillar. While supporting the professional growth of your team, the head of engineering will also partner closely with The Engineering Manager to empower your career growth.
The Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Empower and lead a cross-functional team to deliver quality and predictable results aligned with our business priorities
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to best set direction and guide technical strategy
- Run the recruiting process for your engineering team; help your team get excited about participating in the process, emphasize the importance of hiring
- Meet with your team regularly to provide consistent, clear feedback on wins and opportunities that lends itself to transparent performance reviews and career mobility
- Actively participate in company and organization initiatives
The Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Experience with Rails, Vue.js, PostgreSQL and AWS to develop products
- Solid web application development experience in an industry setting, with directly managing engineers.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering product work using Agile methodologies; ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and ideas, and collaborate with all parts of an organization
- Ambiguity and change are opportunities, not challenges
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, and facilitating growth for individuals and teams is something you’ve done before and you love this part of managing
Engineering Manager – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Engineering Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?