The Experienced Engineering Manager will be responsible for supporting the engineering team. The Experienced Engineering Manager duties includes conducting one-on-ones, ensuring sustained career growth, and stepping in with instructive pull requests or code reviews where appropriate. The Experienced Engineering Manager role is about setting up the right organizational processes for a nimble and growing engineering team to stay that way, while staying deep enough in the code to make architectural decisions.
The Experienced Engineering Manager will also be expected to make meaningful contributions to technical architecture discussions, striking the balance between the possible and practical. The Experienced Engineering Manager will combine understanding of the core business and engineering capabilities to produce realistic timelines, winning product features, and satisfied employees.
The Experienced Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead engineers, scientist and technicians, who design machinery, plan and develop civil projects, and oversee production and quality control.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance in industrial plants.
- Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
- Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
- Discuss and lay out project specifications.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Analyze market demand and available resources.
- Review, approve, or modify product designs.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts.
- Negotiate research contracts.
- Approve expenditures.
- Review and recommend contracts.
- Develop cost estimates.
- Draft proposals and reports for clients.
- Improve manufacturing processes and advance scientific research.
- Develop overall concepts for a new product.
- Check technical accuracy of work.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate activities of unit with other units or organizations.
- Confer with higher levels of management.
The Experienced Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Excellent written communications skills
- Experience managing software engineering teams, making pragmatic tradeoff decisions between the possible and practical
- Experience coaching individual engineers to fulfill their personal career growth, day-to-day prioritizations, and highest leverage focus areas
- Ability to plan and manage a small engineering hiring pipeline against product roadmaps
- Able to follow architectural discussions for high security and distributed storage systems
- Comfortable with rapid directional changes of focus in a startup environment
- Experience building distributed storage systems at scale
- Experience with cryptographic key management
- Proficiency with functional programming paradigms
- Contributions to open source software projects and technology standards
- Full-time experience with working remotely
- Experience with Rust, C++, OCaml, or Haskell
- Experience with specification tools and model checkers such as Alloy, TLA+, or Coq
- Have worked in a high stakes industry such as cloud infrastructure, finance, healthcare, social media, and online gaming
Experienced Engineering Manager – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Experienced Engineering Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?