The Office Virtual Assistant will perform various administrative tasks, including answering emails, scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements. For an Office Virtual Assistant, a strong Internet connection is required, along with experience using communication tools like Skype. The Office Virtual Assistant responsibilities will also include managing corporate schedules, making travel plans and issuing invoices. To be successful as an Office Virtual Assistant you must have a suitable internet connection and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Some Office Virtual Assistant have more specific jobs based on their particular skill sets. For example, an Office Virtual Assistant might do bookkeeping, conduct online research, or create presentations using raw data.
Office Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for a manager or group of mangers in an assigned functional area.
- Serves as a liaison with other functional areas.
- Provides administrative support including answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Composes and edits correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction or from knowledge of established policies.
- May prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments and/or other similar activities, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
Office Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Solid experience with Google Docs, cloud services, and other technology tools.
- Knowledgeable in technology to communicate via computer, smartphone, or text.
- Highly organized and able to multitask and work well with fast-paced directions and instructions.
- Able to manage time effectively and efficiently.
Office Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Office Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.