The Physician Virtual Assistant will participate in quality improvement activities. The Physician Virtual Assistant perform admission history and online examinations, daily progress notes, daily orders, and discharge summaries for patients. The Physician Virtual Assistant should have exceptional clinical skills. The Physician Virtual Assistant may dictate discharge, transfer and death summaries, and write transfer orders and prescriptions as requested by the supervising physician.
The Physician Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains patient health by providing online medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contributes to a physician’s efficiency by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues.
- Recommends options and courses of action for patient care.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise.
- Completion of registration forms, laboratory requests, including asking medical history questions.
- Participate in quality improvement, data management and contact tracing as needed.
- Work with medical assistants and patient service representatives (PSR) who will be assisting with monitoring of inventory, and coordination of testing activities.
The Physician Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- Graduate of an AMA approved Physician Assistant Program or baccalaureate or higher degree program that meets licensure requirements of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- PA-C required
Physician Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Physician Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.