The General Restaurant Manager will oversee and manage the daily operations of the restaurant. The General Restaurant Manager hires and trains restaurant staff. Also the General Restaurant Manager Organizes and oversees the staff schedules. The General Restaurant Manager conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive and handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with restaurant policy. The General Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. The General Restaurant Manager will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
General Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and train to staff.
- Work with Restaurant Manager to operate multiple venues.
- Ensure food and beverage relevant brand standards are maintained.
- Strategize on new products and service offerings.
- Develops, communicates and achieves forecasts and realistic budgets, goals and objectives.
- Track stock levels of food, supplies, and equipment, forecast needs, and oversee ordering as necessary.
- Take ownership of budgets and cost control methods to minimize expenses.
- Address customer needs, comments, and complaints.
- Adhere to and enforce employee compliance with health, safety, and sanitation standards.
General Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or related.
- Solid food and beverage service industry experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handler certification card.
- Working knowledge of general restaurant operations, including personnel management, food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation and health codes, and security.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Excellent leaderships skills.
General Restaurant Manager – US & Canada
Are you looking for a General Restaurant Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.