The Database Administrator Virtual Assistant is responsible for creating primary database storage structures, designing and creating primary objects, modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance, creating documentation, designing interfaces, database objects, and creating plans. The Database Administrator Virtual Assistant monitor and optimize performance of the database, plan for backup and recovery of the database, and allocate system storage and plan future storage needs. The Database Administrator Virtual Assistant creates database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments. The Database Administrator Virtual Assistant will research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved database tools.
The Database Administrator Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Perform all advanced level database support activities.
- Plan and execute Change Management and Problem Management.
- Monitor system performance, provide service availability, schedule maintenance tasks, perform regular health checks and troubleshoot event logs for normal operations.
- Perform Problem Management (Proactive & Reactive), execute complex change requests and complex projects.
- Implement automation of standard activities.
- Lead knowledge transition.
- Contribute and lead improvement drives in order to promote continuous improvement within Services.
- Produce problem reports, root cause analysis (RCA) reports, and environment stabilization reports.
- Provide detailed implementation plans and detailed project plans for complex projects /environment migrations, technical documentation, continuous improvement progress reports (Automation Report, Standardization) and knowledge transition plans.
The Database Administrator Virtual Assistant Requirements
- University degree or equivalent education and experience
- Solid domain experience
- Advanced understanding of Database Technology / Architecture Advanced technical skills
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions
- Work independently and multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge Management
Database Administrator Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Database Administrator Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.