The Customer Service Bank Teller help customers meet their financial goals by providing exceptional customer service handling routine financial transactions and actively support branch sales efforts by identifying customer needs and suggest solutions through referrals. The Customer Service Bank Teller will issue change funds, prepare deposits, and other accounting and administrative duties. In addition, the Customer Service Bank Teller may issue fishing/hunting licenses, manage layaways, or refunds. Also, the Customer Service Bank Teller listen to customer needs; ask appropriate follow-up questions to ensure you offer appropriate products that meet the specific need of the customer.
Customer Service Bank Teller Responsibilities:
- Balances all monies in cash drawers at the end of shifts.
- Knowledge and understanding of all software used to perform teller duties.
- Cashes checks, performs withdrawals and disburses funds after verifying signatures and sufficiency of funds to support withdrawals.
- Prepares, verifies, and issues Bank checks, money orders, travelers checks.
- Makes and submits outgoing wire transfers.
- Enters transactions in banks recordkeeping system, recording all transactions and producing customer receipts.
- Evaluates checks to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, bank names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers in appropriate conversation.
Customer Service Bank Teller Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Solid verbal communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Trustworthiness and the ability to act with integrity.
- Thorough understanding of customer service.
Customer Service Bank Teller – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Customer Service Bank Teller? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.