The Technical Support Specialist position is primarily responsible for assisting employees with issues related to IT and tracking tickets within the help desk software. The Technical Support Specialist also inquiries may include troubleshooting user access issues, software questions, hardware issues, replace/install hardware, build/rebuild computers for distribution, and administrative tasks such as adding/deleting users from network & voice mail. The Technical Support Specialist realize telephony support includes setting up new extensions, moving extensions and troubleshooting phone issues. When appropriate, contact vendors for support. The Technical Support Specialist will assist in the day-to-day management of all servers and network
Technical Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Answers help desk calls, enters calls into help desk tracking software, going out on calls.
- Provides support, maintenance and troubleshooting for servers, laptops, workstations, printers, peripheral equipment and software. Loads software and applies software fixes and updates.
- Supplies telephony and WAN/LAN system configuration and maintenance.
- Provides end user training.
- Manages communication devices.
- Monitors and logs system performance across all platforms.
- Provides administrative functions.
- Maintains policy and procedure documentation.
Technical Support Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Experience in a Helpdesk or customer support role.
- Excellent ability to manage time and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent ability to identify, research and resolve problems with a root cause analysis methodology using diverse resources in an organized and analytical manner.
- Ability to document issues effectively so team members can review.
- Solid conceptual understanding of IT operations, processes, and best practices.
- Strong communication skills, written, in person and remotely on the phone.
Technical Support Specialist – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?