The Technical Controller Accounting will be controlling the organization’s accounting functions and contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting, planning and budgeting systems. The Technical Controller Accounting assists and train to the staff in setting strategic direction for the accounting department and aligning department goals to help achieve its objectives. The Technical Controller Accounting tasks will include managing, under the general direction of the controller and general manager, accounting principles, practices, and procedures, including cost, payables, and reporting. The Technical Controller Accounting will provide oversight and coordination of operating reports and statutory filings, establish and maintains financial controls, and manages a staff of project accountants. The Technical Controller Accounting ensures that all corporate and required accounting policies and procedures are documented and followed by the organization. On the other hand, the Technical Controller Accounting may train accounting staff and coordinate with auditors.
Technical Controller Accounting Responsibilities:
- Create, implement, train and review month end close procedures and related reconciliations for a multitude of accounts within prescribed timeframes in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Research and resolve account reconciliation discrepancies and provide solutions to proactively remedy discrepancies in the future. Development of new or current accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Own annual audit process by preparing audit schedules, year-end close entries, process narratives and analytical analyses while working with third party firms.
- Work with operations, legal, and HR departments to develop streamlined procedures for the processing of payments.
- Prepares external and internal ad hoc financial and accounting report requests.
- Actively pursue path of continuous process improvement with respect to current accounting processes.
- Review and ownership of assigned companies, identifying unusual trends.
- Control of monthly cash account reconciliations as assigned.
- Review of monthly credit card reconciliations as assigned.
Technical Controller Accounting Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area.
- Certificed experience.
- Experience in public accounting and/or a not-for-profit environment.
- Experienced in fund accounting and grants reporting.
- Experienced in not-for-profit accounting standards, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to manage workflow in a fast past paced environment.
Technical Controller Accounting – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Technical Controller Accounting? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?