The System Engineer tests and modifies general systems-level software/hardware, specialized utility and/or hardware. Tthe System Engineer interprets wireless specifications. Tthe System Engineer designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures. Tthe System Engineer documents systems-level defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to developers. Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents problems with program function, output, or content.
The System Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support prioritization for new distribution projects, developing flexible short- and long-range plans to meet corporate reliability and system performance goals, and assist in developing capital budget targets
- Perform analysis and sponsor projects to integrate distributed energy resources and identify infrastructure improvements to reinforce and modernize the distribution grid
- Provide technical support and deliver technical presentations to internal and external customers as subject matter experts for various programs and initiatives
- Provide resolution to system problems such as customer claims, power quality issues, and power delivery problems
- Provide training and guidance on programs and initiatives to districts and other collaborator groups
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment
The System Engineer Requirements:
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines needed.
- Solid work experience.
- Prior Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Project management experience with proven planning skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Controls integration and simulation environment experience is highly preferred.
System Engineer – US & Canada
Are you looking for a System Engineer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.