The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for finding goods and services for the company at the best value regarding quality and price. The Senior Procurement Specialist has knowledge about the type of goods procured varies from one industry to another with the underlying duty of meeting budget constraint to increase profitability. Additional duties of the Senior Procurement Specialist include assisting the analysis and preparation of contracts and working closely with upper management teams as well as outside vendors to meet project requirements.
Senior Procurement Specialist Responsibilities:
- Purchases material, products, and equipment by submitting purchase orders with approved vendors, including foreign companies.
- Issue purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, scheduler, terms and conditions as negotiated.
- Facilitates resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between vendors and company personnel.
- Assists in the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations.
- Establish effective communications, good relations, and positive images with vendors, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness.
- Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
- Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
Senior Procurement Specialist Requirements:
- Associate degree in engineering, supply chain or other technical discipline.
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Solid experience working as a procurement specialist.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
Senior Procurement Specialist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Senior Procurement Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.