The Senior IT Support Specialist provides administration, supports, and troubleshoots personal computers, software, printers and associated peripherals in a managed network environment to ensure a reliable computing system for staff. provides direct support to a wide variety of end users to resolve specific problems. The Senior IT Support Specialist also provide organizations with information technology support to optimize operational efficiency. The Senior IT Support Specialist duties include resolving technical issues, maintaining hardware and software installations, and improving IT systems. The Senior IT Support Specialist may also be required to provide IT support to customers.
Senior IT Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Installs and repairs desktop hardware and software.
- Oversees and provides instruction regarding assigned duties to lower classified IT staff.
- Acts as a liaison between user group and the information technology unit to communicate problems and possible solutions.
- Researches new technologies and procedures to meet the needs of users.
- Provides training to user groups on how to identify and prevent problems.
- Works with other professional IT staff to develop and maintain technical procedures, documentation, and operational instructions and/or project or work order status.
- Maintains computerized inventory of PC equipment through our support platform.
Senior IT Support Specialist Requirements:
- High School Diploma or related.
- Solid information technology experience performing user support of desktop, legacy systems, and/or information technology communications systems.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent Communication abilities.
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Solid ability to work on assignments according to set priorities.
- Capacity to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Talent to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Senior IT Support Specialist – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Senior IT Support Specialist? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.