The Senior Data Engineer will oversee the department's data integration work, including developing a data model, maintaining a data warehouse and analytics environment, and writing scripts for data integration and analysis. The Senior Data Engineer role will work closely and collaboratively with members of the Data & Analytics and Development teams to define requirements, mine and analyze data, integrate data from a variety of sources, and deploy highquality data pipelines in support of the analytics needs. They will also create and oversee an automated reporting system and manage other proprietary systems. The Senior Data Engineer goal is to generate lasting power tools, web development, data systems, and analytics capacity.
The Senior Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Ability to structure and combine data from different sources.
- Identify, analyze, design, and implement solutions to automate manual reporting processes and data delivery.
- Have strong analytical skills to work with stakeholders across our organization to assist with measurement and data-related technical solutions and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Support development of visualizations and dashboards as needed.
- Contribute to the development of Internet Society’s Data Management and integration strategy.
- Must be self-directed and adaptable in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs.
- Other duties as assigned
The Senior Data Engineer Requirements:
Solid experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Python 3.x (Primary libraries include Pandas, Requests, Asyncio, SQLAlchemy, Pytest, Falcon)
- Relational and non-relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Pipeline orchestration tools (Apache Airflow)
- Cloud server deployment and management (AWS, Digital Ocean, Linux-based)
- Object storage solutions (Digital Ocean Object Store, S3)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Version control software (Git/Github/GitLab)
- Developing data models and visualizations in BI tools (Looker)
- Message queuing services (AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, Redis, Celery)
- Data Warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift).
- Working with Salesforce, Netsuite, and SAP Concur APIs.
- Stream processing (Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Pyspark).
- Web scraping (Selenium, Splinter, BeautifulSoup).
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
Senior Data Engineer – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?