The Security and Safety Manager main responsibilities will focus on leading security projects, manage timing and priority of security implementations, managing and approving budget requests, developing new ways to protect physical and human assets, ensuring the stability of security platforms, investigating security incidents and educate and train staff on security measures. Also, the Securit and Safety Manager, conducts performance reviews, recommends wage increases, monitors attendance, manages payroll and recommends and administers corrective action when applicable. The Security and Safety Manager maximizes relationships with Operations and Human Resources business partners to effectively create and foster a safe and secure culture. The Security and Safety Manager, coordinates operational, security and safety audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; responsible for ensuring any non compliant issues are identified and corrected.
Security and Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan security enhancements at corporate and field facilities.
- Manage, Develop and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage and track capital expenditure and operational costs to stay within annual budgets.
- Lead departmental implementation and management of access, video, and visitor software programs.
- Research and deploy creative solutions, including new technologies, to reduce risk and deter theft.
- Track project efficiencies and quickly adjust plans, as needed, based on ongoing communication and information.
- Establish employee training and awareness programs to educate, train, and communicate important safety and security topics.
- Partner with industry leaders to help develop solutions for security and theft issues.
- Work with HR, legal, and other departments to assist with separations and/or workplace violence concerns.
- Follow up with various internal and external contacts to ensure resolutions occurs in a timely matter.
- Manage the lifecycle of security projects by ensuring equipment is shipped, installation is scheduled, and invoicing is received.
- Pull or edit video footage for auctions and/or law enforcement if needed in case of break-in, theft, or employee related issues.
- Produce security systems reporting as needed for audits.
- Quickly respond to access issues or separations.
Security and Safety Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, security management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Certified work experience in security or related field.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal customer service skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple issues at different locations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across business units.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality.
Security and Safety Manager – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Security and Safety Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?