The Pharmacy Virtual Assistant provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. The Pharmacy Virtual Assistant duties include general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. The Pharmacy Virtual Assistant must project a professional company image on phone interaction. The Pharmacy Virtual Assistant responsibilities include creating and maintaining patient files, placing orders for pharmaceutical supplies, and operating the cash register. The Pharmacy Virtual Assistant should also be able to direct patients’ medication-related questions to the pharmacist.
Pharmacy Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists with various organization and departmental activities and preparation of statistical reports as directed including various projects.
- Coordinates gathering of information and preparation of materials necessary for various appointments, meetings, trips, etc. Takes minutes at meetings upon request.
- Establishes and maintains confidential files in an appropriate format to facilitate access to information.
- Establishes priorities based upon own initiative and discretion.
- Makes travel arrangements for department staff as requested.
- Order departmental supplies and maintain supply cabinets.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
Pharmacy Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Solid administrative/secretarial experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change while maintaining a high level of professionalism, with an emphasis on positive customer relations.
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, technology-literate skill.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, time management, and organizational skills.
Pharmacy Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Pharmacy Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.