Under the direction of the Manager, the Payroll Specialist Assistant, coordinate and participate in technical payroll accounting activities. Also the Payroll Specialist Assistant participate in the preparation, maintenance, processing, analysis and auditing of manual and automated payroll data, information, records and reports. The Payroll Specialist Assistant ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll transactions; lead, train and provide work direction and guidance to staff. The Payroll Specialist Assistant ensure quality controls in the payroll process and update documentation- includes reconciliation of results and audit checks.
Payroll Specialist Assistant Responsibilities:
- Processing special payments, taxable fringe benefits & bonus payments.
- Ensure state and local taxes are appropriately withheld for hires, location, address and position changes.
- Timekeeping submission processing; time entries and approval analysis, and time administration support and training.
- Analysis of payroll inputs and outputs to validate hires, associate changes and associate terminations to identify errors and corrective actions to ensure payroll accuracy.
- Internal and external reporting.
- Highlight and escalate relevant matters that may impact the running of client payrolls.
Payroll Specialist Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Customer support for Payroll and Time related inquiries.
- Knowledge of payroll terms and payroll laws.
- Solid knowledge of computerized Payroll.
- Strong Analytical skills: Critical Thinker, Problem Solver – Ability to understand complex processing issues and their effect on other departments and processes.
Payroll Specialist Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Payroll Specialist Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.