The Patient Care Coordinator will be responsible for consulting with patients and determining their needs, developing care plans, coordinating patient-care services, educating them about their condition, and working with the care team to evaluate interventions. The successful Patient Care Coordinator will display a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service. The Patient Care Coordinator consult with patients and family members to discuss their health problems. The Patient Care Coordinator educate patients about their condition, medication, and give them specific instructions and develop a care plan to address their personal health care needs.
Patient Care Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments and follow-ups for patients.
- Develop a care plan and speak with and build a relationship with patients.
- Gather medical history and insurance information from patients.
- Answer patient questions over the phone.
- Schedule doctor appointments, get them durable medical equipment, and prescriptions etc.
- Consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments and treatment plans.
- Check-in on the patient regularly and evaluate and document their progress.
Patient Care Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor´s degree or related.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer abilities.
- Solid customer service experience.
- Great attitude and reliable.
- Knowledge of emails and phone skills.
Patient Care Coordinator – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Patient Care Coordinator? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.