The Linguistic Project Manager (LPM) will manage a portfolio of linguistic projects for established clients and support the Language Resources team in managing large-scale linguistic technology programs. The Linguistic Project Manager is responsible for independently managing the entire scope of the project and a virtual team of linguistic consultants efficiently and effectively to meet or exceed project targets while delivering high quality.
The Linguistic Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Keep all of our documents in all languages spotless and future-proof.
- Checking each and every document that goes out to end-users.
- Writing, monitoring, implementing, and enforcing language style guides.
- Coordinating the localisation process and obsessing over the style guides being followed (reliable bridge to translators).
- Monitor all other processes related to translation and localisation inside the company.
- Fluency in English;
- Another born-into native language outside of the above two make you an outstanding choice, but this is not a hard requirement;
- Demonstrable project management experience or organizational talent
- A natural understanding of how languages work;
- Passion for clear and simple language, outside of legal jargon.
- Studies in any language, or/and legal studies;
- Experience with translation software or actual experience on a similar job in the past.
- General interest and/or experience in tech & software.
The Linguistic Project Manager Requirements:
- Degree in linguistics, computational linguistics or language studies
- Solid project management experience preferably in a language, linguistics, or software-related field
- Solid understanding of linguistic concepts and terminology
- Strong technical and data management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by frequent change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture
Linguist/Project Manager – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Linguist/Project Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?