The Junior Human Resources Assistant maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. The Junior Human Resources Assistant answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management. The Junior Human Resources Assistant maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records. The Junior Human Resources Assistant performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
Junior Human Resources Assistant Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative support functions as necessary for the recruiting team.
- Source for candidates of all levels across organization.
- Communicate clearly and timely about schedules and changes if and when they occur.
- Manage employee files.
- Perform benefits administration including enrollment, billing and reports.
- Work closely with Payroll to ensure accurate set up for new hires and part time employees, including ongoing changes to payroll or benefits.
- Labor with managers to develop career plans.
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining employee database and sorting emails for the HR department.
- Maintain proper records of employee attendance and leaves.
Junior Human Resources Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Operational staffing experience completing job analyses.
- Solid experience maintains records and automated systems for staffing records management.
- Ability to manage high volumes of HR transactions.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational, communication, and follow-up skills.
- Team oriented with the ability to develop rapport with managers.
Junior Human Resources Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Junior Human Resources Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.