The Junior Graphic Designer responsibilities include creating designs according to specifications, reporting to the senior graphic designer, and improving design tasks. To be successful as a Junior Graphic Designer, should have original ideas and have a keen eye for detail. Ultimately, a successful Junior Graphic Designer should be able to create imaginative designs, be open to learning more and create impressive designs that promote the company’s vision. Also, the Junior Graphic Designer communicate with project stakeholders regarding project details and status to build cross-functional relationships and gather necessary feedback and approvals.
Junior Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the design lead and marketing team in ideating and executing brand materials.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and ideate design concepts.
- Develop, refine, and execute all aspects of chosen design concepts.
- Execute on-brand design demonstrating considered layout, image composition, typography, and others.
- Project types include (not limited to): Visual development of website, digital ads, social posts and ads, sales/marketing collateral (e-guides and PowerPoints), custom graphics, data visualizations.
- Designing for web design and digital asset development initiatives in collaboration with creative, product, and marketing teams.
- Using graphic techniques to create drafts.
- Producing logos, banners, and interfaces.
Junior Graphic Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in graphic design or related discipline.
- Solid experience working as a professional graphic designer at an agency, company, or similar setting.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign or similar.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience designing for responsive sites for desktop and mobile.
- Excellent attention to detail – design, color, and typographic skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Junior Graphic Designer – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Junior Graphic Designer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.