The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for researching and policy-writing for the various rules and regulations that affect Human Resources. The Employee Relations Specialist ensures that department policies and procedures are in compliance with various Human Resources and Labor laws. The Employee Relations Specialist maintains ongoing compliance with all regulations that affect the Human Resources division and communicates any changes to the management team. The Employee Relations Specialist works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
The Employee Relations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Provides support in the areas of staffing, recruitment and selection, employee relations, wage and salary administration and employee training/orientation.
- Assists in evaluation of reports in relation to the department’s established goals.
- Investigates employee complaints, discrimination charges and assists in the resolution of employee issues.
- Supports leadership planning and responds to feedback from management and employees through various sources including surveys, suggestions and employee advisory groups.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Employee Relations Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Solid experience of previous generalist
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications, some familiarity with HRIS reporting
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Familiar with federal, state, and local labor regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- Ability to travel as necessary
Employee Relations Specialist – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Employee Relations Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?