The Data Scientist is responsible for working with the business to develop the strategy and implement research that answers business questions and provides insights into corrective actions to solve business issues. The Data Scientist is responsible for research strategy, identification of the type of research as well as collects, analyzes, and reports member and marketplace information to the organization. The Data Scientist conducts research studies and complex analyses regarding member and non-member needs, attitudes, and experiences; competitive threats and marketplace trends in order to meet corporate goals and objectives. The Data Scientist performs at the highest professional/technical level in marketing research.
The Data Scientist Responsibilities:
- Develop, construct and perform a number of systematic data analytics projects and studies.
- Establish projected completion dates, milestone schedules, methodologies or approaches, resource requirements, data sources, and activities.
- Identify data that should be collected and devises methods of instrumenting the agency’s systems to extract this information and transform raw data into program models and actionable business intelligence.
- Performs hypothesis testing and evaluation; designs, implements, and evaluates statistical models and approaches for application in the agency’s most complex issues.
- Builds econometric and statistical models for various problems to include: projections, classification, clustering, pattern analysis, sampling, simulations, etc.
The Data Scientist Requirements:
- Background Investigation
- Solid experience with SQL
- Knowledge and use of statistics, statistical modeling, database management, data interpretation, and/or data science
- Python and R experience
- Advanced analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Advanced ability to effectively work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Strong organizational, time and budget management skills.
Data Scientist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Data Scientist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.