The Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist is an interdisciplinary approach using data collection and modeling to analyze biological data. The Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist create mathematical models, develop dynamic simulations, and perform pattern analyses of biological systems. The Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist are also known as biostatisticians, biometricians, and computational biologists. The Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist work within different medical science and health fields, including biology, genetics, proteomics, and pharmaceuticals. Some professionals come from a biomedical research background while others specialize in computational tools.
Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining algorithms and tools for analysis.
- Building machine learning models of complex biological systems.
- Developing and managing analysis pipelines in production environments.
- Collaborating across functions to identify and address analytical needs.
- Develop systems to gather data.
- Develop databases to compile vast amounts of information from activities such as gene expression profiling and protein expression.
Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist Requirements:
- PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field.
- Experience analyzing large scale data, and familiarity with statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with and support multiple groups across the organization.
- Solid programming experience.
- Knowledge of control systems.
Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Bioinformatics Analyst Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.