The Vice president of Operation Engineering is responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of engineering tasks within an organization. The Vice president of Operation Engineering work with managers to ensure products are properly designed and implemented in accordance with the goals of the organization. The Vice president of Operation Engineering also oversee the quality of products and create systems that ensure they meet necessary standards. Additional Vice president of Operation Engineering responsibilities include maintaining the budget for the engineering department, determining the best products or materials to use to meet manufacturing goals and creating and maintaining an up-to-date bill of materials.
Vice president of Operation Engineering Responsibilities:
- Management and oversight of machining, assembly and test, manufacturing engineering, warehouse and supply chain.
- Responsible for driving on time delivery and reducing past dues through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Establish and communicate intricacies that drive ownership throughout the organization.
- Visible leadership for all areas of the operation including: delivering product within needed metrics (on time, on budget, within quality standards) supporting new product introduction, meeting customer requirements, fulfilling required turnaround times, meeting inventory targets, and enacting productivity projects that continually improve the production capabilities and cost structure of the business.
- Direct through subordinate managers and supervisors the efficient utilization of both human and equipment resources to produce product at the lowest cost consistent with the established specifications as to performance, quality, quantity and schedules.
- Straight through Manufacturing Engineering team the efficient utilization of both human and equipment resources to repair, upgrade, and overhaul products.
- Establish specifications as to performance, quality, quantity and schedules.
Vice President of Operation Engineering Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- Solid manufacturing leadership experience.
- Strong experience supporting bids and proposals and managing multiple development projects concurrently.
- Excellent business, financial, and project management skills coupled with strategic planning experience.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to lead and communicate at the technical and non-technical level.
- Demonstrated record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, peers, subordinates and management.
Vice president of Operation Engineering – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Vice president of Operation Engineering? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.