The Telecommunications Enginner will be responsible for managing porting, phone numbers, and registration. The Telecommunications Enginner will be processing port ins and port outs phone numbers, registering and configuring services, procurement of new customer phone numbers, number migrations, audits and special projects. The Telecommunications Enginner peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make the telephony platform more capable, scalable, reliable and efficient. The Telecommunications Enginner will help design, develop, and run operational/financial databases associated with Telecommunications systems throughout the enterprise.
The Telecommunications Enginner Responsibilities:
- Work closely with product management and telephony providers to fully understand the porting and number management process.
- Provide order management for local, off net and toll-free numbers through various interfaces and 3rd party platforms with a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Provide constant, professional communication of information to customers, vendors, and internal team members via email, phone, chat, and customer user interface.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the overall porting and number ordering experience for customers.
- Assist internal teams in identifying and scoping long term product automation solutions.
- Cultivate relationships with external carriers to facilitate faster problem resolution.
- Building close relationships with your customers to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product and features
The Telecommunications Enginner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field
- Solid Telecommunications industry experience
- MS Word and Excel.
Telecommunications Enginner – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Telecommunications Enginner? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.