The role of a Teacher’s Virtual Assistant is to support the teachers in whatever area is needed with the group. The Teacher’s Virtual Assistant position is heavy administrative and will include everything from scheduling appointments, to drafting proposals, and posting on social media. The Teacher’s Virtual Assistant duties will include calendar management, meeting prep, day-to-day planning and organizing, and more. The Teacher’s Virtual Assistant is calm, extremely organized, grounded, and forward-thinking.
The Teacher’s Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the pupils they are supporting are motivated, able to engage in learning and encouraged to stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behaviour
- Listen to groups read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-one
- Liaise with the class teacher and deliver activities to pupils either as a group or one-to-one.
- Prepare learning resources
- Provide administrative support with inputting data and organising reports or files
- Primary TAs will do break duties monitoring the pupils’ behaviour and promoting positive behaviour
- Support the emotional and social development of pupils, reporting any issues when needed to the teacher in charge of the group
- Cover a class if the teacher is absent but the TA is not expected to plan the lesson
The Teacher’s Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- Must possess a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Have solid experience working in a similar field as an Teacher Assistant.
- Must be very organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks
- Sincerely open-minded and willing to nurture and embrace differing perspectives
Teacher’s Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Teacher’s Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.