The Staff Accountant Specialist is an entry or mid-level accounting professional who is responsible for maintaining financial records at a business, usually as part of a team. The Staff Accountant Specialist duties include confirming compliance, reconciling bank statements and balancing the ledger for regular reports. The Staff Accountant Specialist responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. The Staff Accountant Specialist will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
Staff Accountant Specialist Responsibilities:
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance.
- Prepare and file tax returns.
- Enter accounting related information into business logs.
- Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy.
- Organize and update financial records.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue.
- Perform monthly bank settlements.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
Staff Accountant Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accountant or related field.
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of accounting/finance and be very detail-oriented.
- A strong working knowledge of business software applications.
- Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to work cooperatively, and multitask.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Staff Accountant Specialist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Staff Accountant Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.