The Procurement Manager Specialist will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization. The Procurement Manager Specialist provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes. The Procurement Manager Specialist will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. The Procurement Manager Specialist develop procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective. Also sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors. The Procurement Manager Specialist negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
Procurement Manager Specialist Responsibilities:
- Assisting the business in delivering measurable cost savings through vendor partnerships.
- Develop multi-year cost reduction and cost avoidance strategies.
- Grow negotiation strategies based on supplier proposals and spend analytics.
- Manage supplier selection process and provide data and recommendations to ensure informed business award.
- Develop and administer contractual agreements in collaboration with business and legal departments.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
Procurement Manager Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Supply Management or related.
- Experience managing supply chain operations.
- Solid experience using supply chain management software and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Procurement Manager Specialist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Procurement Manager Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.