The Private Detective and Investigator is expected to find and analyze facts in a variety of case situations such as personal, legal, and financial concerns. The Private Detective and Investigator also provide expertise in the areas of verification of people’s backgrounds, insurance fraud, and could even investigate investment groups to protect a client against fraud. The Private Detective and Investigator utilize surveillance, interviewing, and adjacent processes to better understand suspicious and obscure phenomena and to pinpoint hidden objects. The Private Detective and Investigator then proceed to debrief their clients. To ensure success as a Private Detective and Investigator should deliver sensitive, reliable client debriefings. Invariably, an exceptional private investigator should practice unfaltering discretion to avoid consequential oversights.
Private Detective and Investigator Responsibilities:
- Communicates with applicable third parties gathering information relevant to investigations.
- Reviews and analyzes case notes and client special handling instructions to perform independent reviews of facts in preparation and follow-through of investigative assignments.
- Conducts database research via the internet.
- Prepares accurate, timely, unbiased and detailed written reports and case summaries in compliance with corporate standard operating procedures and guidelines documenting investigative results.
- Updates and annotates corporate case management system with investigative notes, reports and summaries.
Private Detective and Investigator Requirements:
- High school degree.
- Valid private investigator’s license.
- Strong ability to write investigative reports in a clear and concise manner utilizing proper grammar and spelling.
- Communicate with staff and clients in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid ability to quickly think through and determine the most effective means to meet objectives of the assignment while evaluating potential business consequences of actions.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with individuals to obtain necessary information.
Private Detective and Investigator – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Private Detective and Investigator? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.