The Legal Virtual Assistant responsibilities include editing and proofreading initial drafts of motions and briefs; utilizing knowledge of legal terminology. The Legal Virtual Assistant will be generating table of contents and table of authorities for briefs; preparing correspondence and pleadings for attorneys; constructing electronic pleadings indexes. The Legal Virtual Assistant will also be maintaining court and attorney calendars; arranging meetings or telephone calls between attorneys and clients; organizing case files and handling case management functions as assigned. The Legal Virtual Assistant will receive and route incoming telephone calls and mail; delivering and collecting documents from the courts; and performing other secretarial functions as assigned.
The Legal Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Proofread and edit documents for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors.
- Ensure deadlines are anticipated and met.
- Track and assist with completing documents in connection with transactional matters; and prepare and compile closing binders.
- Sort, scan, distribute and file incoming and outgoing mail several times a day.
- Edit correspondence, documents and project work.
- Carry out instructions from verbal and/or handwritten materials.
- Compose routine correspondence for attorney signature.
- Review, edit and finalize bills to ensure accuracy of input.
- Coordinate preliminary conflict checks and process new matter reports through the automated system.
- Coordinate mailings, including filings with the state and federal courts.
The Legal Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills, including, maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and co-workers.
- Ability to be a team player. A can-do attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs of attorneys and paralegals.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong multitasking skills. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing computer applications.
Legal Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Legal Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.