The Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant is responsible for providing testimony in juvenile court about a defendant’s background or progress made during their probation period. The Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant work closely with social-service agencies to help probationers obtain employment, mental health, or substance abuse services. The Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant also work closely with each juvenile’s family, as well the court system, to provide counseling for the juvenile and in an attempt to change or eliminate behavioral issues. In the event that a youth does not comply with his or her court order, the Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant must then provide recommendations to the judge for alternate sentencing or treatments.
Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Researches applicable laws, legislation and statutes; drafts, composes and reviews reports other legal and court documents; drafts recommendations for sentencing.
- Monitors compliance of imposed terms and conditions by performing field visits.
- Communicates policies, rules and expectations regarding terms of probation to probationer.
- Maintains contact with court and provides any changes in the status of probationers.
- Collects and prepares statistical reporting information.
- Counsels with probationers regarding employment, job skills training, non-violent problem solving techniques and related issues.
Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Criminology, Social or Behavioral Sciences or related field.
- Experience working with a highly manipulative, questionably motivated and psychologically challenging client population.
- Thorough knowledge of interviewing, observation and assessment techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to juveniles.
- Basic knowledge of resource coordination and case management practice and procedures.
- Skill in using critical thinking, objective analysis, and investigation techniques to arrive at a logical conclusion.
- Ability in writing clear and concise reports, records, legal documents, case documents, and statistical data.
Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Juvenile Probation Officer Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.