The Head of Design is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the design and creative output. The Head of Design is a leadership role, with accountability for online and offline design output and success of the design and creative department. The Head of Design will ensure the design and creative deliverables are aligned to stakeholder expectations and executed within budget and deadlines. The Head of Design will develop visual designs, and be responsible for recruiting and managing multi-disciplinary third party suppliers as well as internal design resources. The Head of Design role will involve using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the design and creative department.
The Head of Design Responsibilities:
- Design and create marketing assets across multiple channels, including web, social, email, sms, ads, and in our boxes
- Own and evolve brand identity and brand guidelines, and continue to raise the standard on our quality and craftsmanship
- Act as a brand ambassador with contractors, agencies, and partners understand and use the brand consistently
- Create a brand that stands out for creativity & quality, and resonates with the audience
- Hire, manage, and provide feedback to creative agencies, contractors, and team members
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create assets that drive growth, and optimize creative assets as needed to improve performance
- Collaborate with our development team team to create a consistent customer experience across all touchpoints
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders across the company to take design projects from concept to completion
The Head of Design Requirements:
- Solid brand and marketing design experience at ecommerce companies.
- Online portfolio that shows relevant work with high-quality bar, outstanding execution, and creative solutions to design and marketing challenges
- Experience owning and evolving brand guidelines
- Breadth in all areas of brand and communications design, with core competencies in brand and web design
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Strong project management abilities with ability to prioritize, execute, and make design decisions on your own
- On top of emerging design trends and industry developments
Head of Design – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Head of Design? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?