The Chief Meteorologist Assistant will research, organize, write, edit, and produce exciting, multi-dimensional weather stories and graphics for TV, digital, and related. The Chief Meteorologist Assistant will help oversee the weather systems and plan weather projects involving both the weather and others departments. The Chief Meteorologist Assistant recording and analyzing data from worldwide weather stations, satellites, radars and remote sensors. The Chief Meteorologist Assistant interpreting observations from the land, sea and upper atmosphere providing customers (such as civil aviation companies, broadcast companies and military units) with weather reports/forecasts.
Chief Meteorologist Assistant Responsibilities:
- Ability to research weather topics.
- Develop contacts within the scientific community and maintain all platforms of social media.
- Assist chief meteorologist employing mathematical and physical formulae and using computer modelling applications to help make long and short range weather predictions
- Researching and predicting climate change.
- Helping to improve weather prediction models.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
Chief Meteorologist Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Meteorology, Earth Sciences or related field.
- Must have leadership, excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Manage deadlines.
- Solid air experience weather casting and weather producing.
- Ability to edit video.
Chief Meteorologist Assitant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Chief Meteorologist Assitant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.