The Accounting Associate Clerk is responsible for duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or other department personnel. The Accounting Associate Clerk is responsible for input, analysis, and reconciliation of financial information. The Accounting Associate Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. The Accounting Associate Clerk also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful The Accounting Associate Clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Accounting Associate Clerk Responsibilities:
- Cross-trains in areas including but not limited to: reconciling bank checks; processing returned checks and encoding errors.
- Process accounting invoices and issuing payments.
- Maintain prepaid and ensuring proper amortization.
- Preserving additions to the fixed asset ledger and ensuring proper depreciation schedules are set.
- Analyzes current processes for effectiveness, acts as a resource for other departments on project implementation involving Accounting duties.
- Develops streamlined effective business processes for area of responsibility.
- Analyze and prepare standard and adjusting schedules and journal entries.
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts.
Accounting Associate Clerk Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Progressive accounting/audit experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Solid business experience.
- Excellent experience with the use of a personal computer, Microsoft Office software (emphasis on Microsoft Excel).
- Ability with a calculator.
Accounting Associate Clerk – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Accounting Associate Clerk? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.