Specific requirements / qualifications:
All applicants should have 5 or more years of experience in technical project management for software applications, be available for full-time work, and be able to work Eastern U.S. hours from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
This Technical Project Manager role is *not* to be our Scrum Master (although past experience as a Scrum master would be a significant plus), rather the role is to manage software trials (“Proof of Concepts”) which typically last six weeks beginning to end, and to project manage the Implementation Services of our software which typically last four to eight weeks for our new customers. Proof of Concepts (POC) are software trial project with a potential new customer. Setup of company synthetic data for a Proof of Concept is done by our Solutions Engineers and the Technical Project Manager ensures that the POC is on schedule and that the potential new customer receives regular updates on the POC progress. If issues come up during the POC, the TPM quickly identifies the issue and pulls in Company team resources to get the issue resolved. Professional Services are implementation projects that are usually configured by one or several Company Solutions Engineers over one to two months.
- The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for overseeing multiple (concurrent but independent) Implementation Services programs for our customers.
- The TPM is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and reporting progress of each implementation program to the customer success manager during the engagement.
- Applicants must have experience and proficiency managing many simultaneous software developments and/or implementation projects with many different stakeholders in parallel.
- Must have excellent organization skills with tools such as Monday.com and also have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a reliable, high bandwidth internet connection so that Zoom can be used with audio and screen sharing.
- Applicants must be able to easily establish project priorities, timelines and team member responsibilities; the ongoing review of project scheduling and resources, as well as risk and execution issues; and the coordination of project-related vendor and technical relationships.
- As noted previously, prior experience being a Scrum Master would be highly relevant to this role even though this is not a Scrum Master position.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience with software applications.
- Proven project leadership, planning, and experience managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- A degree or strong background in project management for software development projects.
- Experience managing projects within complex IT environments.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and effect change through influence and partnership.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, especially in front of high-level management.
- Capable of managing effective interactions with both customer and technical teams Highly Desirable Qualifications (not mandatory):
- PMI-PMP Certification.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, software testing, databases and cloud applications (AWS, Azure).
- Any of a variety of current Technical Certifications (RedHat, Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft, ScrumMaster).
- Schedule calls and meetings between the Client and Company Engineering resources.
- Plan for and allocate solutions engineer resources for each project.
- Coordinate with our company solution engineers on progress and requirements.
- Provide frequent email, phone and Zoom communication with the client.
- Run and deliver status reports to clients on a regular basis.
- Respond to all client communications promptly.
- Manage customer’s expectations and escalate issues to management.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget and with the highest quality.
- Escalate project risks, such as impact to deadlines, scope, hours, client satisfaction, management of hours of project, and deliver Professional Services projects on budget.
- Submit SOW Change Control documents as required.
- Provide feedback on the Company product to management.
- * Reports to the Chief Customer Officer.