We are seeking an individual to join our Merchandising Team to support our growing product information management needs. The Product Information Specialist will be responsible for the integrity and processing of product data, as well as various support projects for the Merchandising Department.
- Data integrity ownership, including:
- Ensure the accuracy of all product content within the PIM, including key data fields, attributes, product descriptions, images, and documents needed to support online sales.
- Identify product data issues and proactively make necessary data revisions.
- Create and perform data cleansing activities, including identifying and resolving product data and/or processing issues.
- Perform data integrity audits as needed.
- Review product data needs and implement new attributes, data models, and processes to address those needs.
- Enhance product data and data models, including collection of additional product data as needed (i.e. contacting vendors, performing web searches, etc.)
- Develop reports related to product information and data quality, and other projects as assigned by eCommerce Marketing Manager.
- Work with PIM users to troubleshoot and resolve system problems.
- Develop training materials and processes for new and existing PIM users.
- Participate as subject matter expert in projects/meetings to determine immediate or future data management or reporting needs.
- Assist eCommerce Marketing Manager in developing product data roadmaps, including recommendations for data enhancements, and new ways to leverage product data across other data systems (both internal and external).
- Special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Proficiency working with large amounts of product data and/or PIM/BI tools, including data management and manipulation.
- Proficiency managing data with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets (using advanced functions, such as filters, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, etc.).
- Highly competent computer skills.
- Teamwork and interdepartmental communication skills are critical.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail .
- Working knowledge of scientific terms, abbreviations, and characters.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and other language skills required to create and edit consumer-facing content.
- Working experience leveraging product data to support an e-commerce platform also a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of experience managing complex product data, preferably in a manufacturing/distribution/computer hardware environment; or minimum three years of related experience in lieu of education.