Our company is seeking an eCommerce Merchandiser to manage the presentation of products for an established e-commerce leader in the computer hardware/upgrade space.
The primary focus of this role is to enhance the user experience, improve onsite conversion, and drive sales through effective product positioning, which includes careful consideration of product naming, description/marketing content, graphics, technical specs, promotions, on-site search, product placement, and more.
A successful candidate will effectively leverage their experience, product knowledge, and content creation skills, using innovative merchandising techniques to provide engaging product information in an effective, easily digestible presentation.
- Leverage available analytics to improve our understanding of customer shopping behavior, and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of those data sources .
- Leverage product knowledge, understanding of customer behavior/psychology, and effective online selling techniques to influence and improve all aspects of our online store, including site structure, page design, visual presentation, onsite search and more, ensuring friction-free purchase paths .
- Manage/maintain product selection and assortment for email campaign promotions .
- Contribute to product strategy/assortment strategy, including exclusive business opportunities to grow online product offering.
- Identify meaningful category and product performance trends through data analysis, and present thoughtful strategies to improve that performance.
- Analyze and observe pricing, messaging, functionality, and presentation on competing retail/brand sites.
- Work with online marketing team to build targeted landing pages for paid and organic web traffic.
- Manage special product and pricing promotions, from inception to execution, and report on results.
- Perform regular site reviews to identify opportunities for product content improvements.
- Maintain repository of requests and feedback from customers, employees, and management, ensuring timely and efficient use to improve the overall customer experience.
- Special projects as assigned by leadership.
- 5+ years’ experience in merchandising and/or building content for a B2C e-commerce business, preferably in Computing Hardware or Consumer Electronics.
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate an item’s key selling points in a creative and compelling way (both written and visual) that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to site visitors.
- Experience managing large amounts of detailed product data, content, pricing, image assets, etc.
- Detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, adept in navigating ambiguity and rapidly changing/competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of modern eCommerce platforms and principles.
- Strong understanding of web analytics, including Google Analytics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Docs (Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Experience with project management/collaboration tools .
- Category management experience is a plus.
- Onsite search management and optimization is a plus.
- Website optimization/testing platform experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand/code HTML/CSS is a plus.
- Interest or experience in the Computing Hardware/Memory/Storage industries is a plus.
- A team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and improve .
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in merchandising and/or building content for a B2C e-commerce business, preferably in Computing Hardware or Consumer Electronics.