The Chief of Staff/Executive Assistant to the CEO will provide proactive support to the CEO for business tasks such as responding to RFP’s, reading agreements looking for issues, take notes and distill them down into the most critical next steps to follow up/through, conducting research, creation of Power Point decks, project coordination, program coordination, outreach, handling of correspondence, scheduling meetings, etc.
To excel in this role, you should be extremely well organized and know how to ask great questions to get the task or project done correctly in minimal time. You must be highly proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite, most importantly Power Point and Excel. This role requires a proactive and resourceful individual who will ask necessary questions before acting, however, is not afraid to make a mistake in order to successfully complete projects.
You should have experience as a Chief of Staff/ Executive Assistant to the CEO supporting C-level executives with exceptional oral and written communication and interpretation skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as Chief of Staff/ Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Ask great questions to get the task or project done correctly in minimal time.
- Listen and take notes then distill down into the most critical next steps to then follow up/through for all parties in the meeting.
- Read and respond to agreements, RFP’s and highly complex correspondence .
- Write reports, emails, social media, letters and other correspondence.
- To be an expert in finding the Expert in the fields of interest that we are investigating with the great capacity and knowledge to schedule meetings between both parties.
- Compile and distill research, then make recommendations.
- Must have a method to managing multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of organization.
- Create and update Power Point Presentations as needed.
- Prioritize the scheduling of appointments, meetings, and other activities.
- Strong sense of urgency and endurance.
- Follow up and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree required, masters preferred – Extraordinarily smart essential.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant/ Chief of Staff or similar.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Advanced, multitasking organizer that can pivot in our fast-paced culture.
- Adept at asking great questions to get the task or project done right in minimal time.
- Experience in Social Media & Blog content.
- The ability to meet deadlines smoothly for a fast-paced entrepreneurial CEO.
- Self-starter, proactive, resourceful who takes initiative.
- Problem solver and decision maker, who does not take NO for an answer.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to handle situations with patience and diplomacy.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.